Our story isn’t unique. It’s the story of many of us who come to summer – and often to stay – at Chautauqua Lake.
Our first trip to Chautauqua just 5 years ago quickly became an annual tradition. We’d rent a boat and a place to stay, and we’d be set for the summer.
Our three kids loved exploring Chautauqua Lakes’ crisp clear waters and adventuring through town – a scene altogether different from our lives in Buffalo, New York.
While our kids did everything from kayaking to hiking to reading, my husband and I enjoyed the peace of mind that always found us as our boat floated near Chautauqua’s dock.
Our short stays in the summer always left us craving more. So when the possibility of Lake Life Café surfaced, the decision was easy.
We love the people here, who made our stays so temptingly permanent. And with so many cherished memories of time spent in Chautauqua with our family, we were thrilled at the idea of building a bit of ourselves into the community and having a reason to always come back.
Like Chautauqua itself, we wanted our café to have a little something for everyone.
- Looking for a quick grab-and-go for days spent hiking or with a line out on the boat?
- Need a break from cooking and want to relax with locally-sourced community-cooked meals?
- Itching for something fun to distract the kids?
- Want a cozy atmosphere to finish that book you’ve been working through?
- Whatever you want your stay at Chautauqua Lake to look like, we’ve got you covered.
With a patio full of fun activities for your kids like bean bag toss and board games, and a simple yet chic interior that provides the perfect backdrop for a cozy day of reading or work — we want you to feel at home.
When you’re at Chautauqua Lake, It’s Your Time.
And we want to make your time here just as memorable as ours has always been.